Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A DAY IN THE OFFICE - MY STUDIO - BLISS

I was up at 2 am - wrote two lyrics - back to bed at three then my son came and snuggled in as he has a bad cough and cold... Bless him he does ask first which for a two and half year old is great. I tried to take him back to his bed at 5 am but he was not having it.. C and I both didn't sleep that well with his kicking and turning!

But today I had a day in my studio - 8.30 am to 6.30 pm with 30 mins for lunch. It's been great. Part of the issue with Dancing On Ice was that it took head space - and it took admin time. To be free to get on and create this morning and sort production stuff re lighting and systems this afternoon is brilliant. I have made very good progress and created a melody line in D for the piano - which I treated as violins - really interesting to feel how that develops and a base melody on the guitar which I treated as an electric guitar in Logic.

I had some Tweets of don't worry about yesterday - thanks for those - much appreciated... I'm excited about what I could be seeing in a year's time if I get this much done every day I have free time to use...

Hope your day was productive too.

Love

Nicky




No comments: