Wednesday, November 17, 2010

THE BLUES


As I get more into music I'm becoming more interested in it's history. Last night I was fascinated to watch
Roll over Beethoven - The Chess Records Saga watch http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00vv0zz/Legends_Roll_over_Beethoven_The_Chess_Records_Saga/

The way the Rolling Stones took CHESS artists songs - often wrote by their in house songwriter a Mr Dixon - and made them their own was an eye opener. I'm starting to understand the song structures and business structures more, great to see. I was reminded of one of my favourite films, Dreamgirls. It has the same storyline CHESS Records had - anyway, if you are interested in music this is definitely worth a look.

I did write a lyric afterwards 'Get Away' but it needs some work before I put it up.

Have a great day.

Love

Nicky

PS Website update... pls tell me if fonts look ok on your browser?

No comments: