Thursday, January 13, 2011

TED & VULNERABILITY




If you have never watched TED I would encourage you to have a look. It is something very special. Wise, extraordinary people given 15 minutes to speak to other achievers at an exclusive gathering - that we now have access to for free :)

Here are two specific talks I watched last night and early this morning.

The theme that occurs to me for both is VULNERABILITY. What comes up for me is how can we/I be strong in the World yet vulnerable? I am learning here...

Also, what is it about spirit that makes me cry when I see it and hear it portrayed. The elephant and the lions...

And... connectedness... what we all really want to have. What is the risk? Stiff upper lip I can have, close my heart down I could do - my protection in the past. Not so these days - thank God. Still on a journey though...

Enjoy watching both these talks - food for thought... Enjoy...

Beverly + Dereck Joubert: Life lessons from big cats

http://www.ted.com/talks/beverly_dereck_joubert_life_lessons_from_big_cats.html

Brene Brown: The power of vulnerability

http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html


Love Nicky


No comments: