Wednesday, February 24, 2010

TWO.... OLYMPICS ICE DANCE... HURRICANE

TWO
My son is two today. I am constantly amazed to see a little person grow and develop in their speaking, helping, arguing "I say no to you daddy" and the wonder of all things new. His scooter and guitar are favourite presents. As I write he his helping his mamma put up cards. Kind of...

OLYMPICS ICE DANCE
Congratulations to Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, Ice Dance Olympic Champions. I have yet to see the Free Dance but some of the Original was spectacular in the speed of the twist in lifts along with beautiful flowing edges. I would have loved to have been there and seen the speed, live.

Well done to John and Sinead too. Eighth may not have been their aspiration but the die was set to a degree and the quality of the top couples, along with a French battle just above them contributed to holding them to that spot. What they always do is provide exciting entertainment for the audience and that is both bankable and a place they love to be and thrive in. Seven times British Champions is also a tremendous achievement in anyone's book. I hope they get some time off before World's where a higher placement could be on the cards for them.

HURRICANE
Christiane and I watched a film THE HURRICANE about Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter a man who was a boxing champion and was falsely imprisoned for twenty years in the US. It is an inspirational story of how to cope with adversity and ultimately win through. If you haven't watched it do so, it's on my favourite films list now.

Love
N

No comments: