Tuesday, August 11, 2009

PRIVILEGE...

I was working away yesterday and I suddenly realised how privileged I am. To be able to work on the area that lights you up - to be pursuing a dream supported by family and friends and to have nothing in the way - apart from the technical mountains - and then the performance mountains - and then my own stuff - in creating entertainment magic.... Wow...

I'm learning how to make films... and the integration of servers and codecs and frames per second interlaced or progressive and the relationship of film to tv, NTSC or PAL.... Seems like stepping into the professional world causes a shift in what you have to know, "Media Management is complex..." Final Cut Pro manual. It is though becoming less scary and slowly I am taking things onboard.

As a relief I've been on the Ventura recently - pictures to come soon. I used my tiny camera to catch my new presentation that I wrote on board - it was great fun. Oh yes other news - I was cut in half on Sunday in a field - a s you do. I'll post that soon too.

I spoke to my friend Neil about the project I am developing a long while back and said I thought it would inform and add depth to my 'How to get where you want to go' project. I was right... The challenge is bringing to mind much from my sporting and business life and in what I have learned over the years. All good.

Right now the cork stuck in the bottle concerns the last third of studio creation. Then... well once foundations are in place development will be next and then production. I have been writing lyrics again so the creative juices haven't stopped entirely. An idea for a web series also came up on Sunday on a boat.

Back to putting the nuts and bolts together now about rendering in different codecs? and the eyelet size for the curtains and the.....

Love

N

No comments: