Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ahhh... Vision to Reality

Having a vision is one thing, realising it another. For many years I did not have a vision of what I wanted to do and, as I believe you can achieve what you can conceive - or see it be it - I was a lost soul - shame! It was a pretty rubbish time and I was finding self worth in the project of the moment. I can show you a CV of projects achieved... but it wasn't really me...

Now I have a clear vision of what I'm trying to achieve. It's all around creating entertainment products  - music, film, dance, shows and reaching people who would like this worldwide via the web. To do this the metaphor I am taking on is in the creation of  an entertainment factory. I love the systems and processes, raw materials in to finished goods out imagery. I grew up in north Manchester so the mills as they were are in my mind... 

So I have a vision, in comparison to the past, it is a great place to be. But it can be overwhelming as the vision is big... The challenge now is to make what I see reality in a timely manner. We each have only so many energy hours, how best to use mine?

I'm seeing the need for team - Together Everyone Achieves More - duh!!! But they can also cost a fortune and be inefficient. I am seeing what type of roles need to be filled if my vision is to be reality. Setting in place issues of vision, goals, strategy and culture - all stuff I've known in the past and used in various situations but it is clearer now. People want to know what is expected of them, what they are signing up to and whether it's just a job or a flag to follow, a cause to believe in. I think I'm on the development path to having a company with an exciting vision that people can be a part of and get excited about - rather than it being just a job. Now that would be brilliant.... 

That reminds me I do have some of the team in place already - oh yes - need to share the vision with them more...

Do you have something you want to achieve but haven't gone for yet? What not give it a shot... Will it be easy, maybe, maybe not, but you only live once and it would be a shame to miss having given it a go...

love






No comments: